January 12, 2008

Getting settled






I am here everyone! I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to get connected to the internet; I had to buy an adapter for my laptop. I am in Klaipeda, and today we did something fun. We took a ferry to the "Spit" which is the peninsula for this port city. There we went into a sauna, got really sweaty, and then ran and jumped into the Baltic Sea. Then we ran back into the sauna and did it again. It was so thrilling! You should come visit me and experience it for yourself.

My roommates are coming tomorrow and I am very excited. They are from the Ukraine. When I first came into my dorm, I was so surprised that they had left me a sweet letter and a present!!! We do a LOT of walking here but it is so good for us isn't it? The walk to school is about 20 minutes, but I think I will enjoy the time to just reflect on things.

I miss Westmont very badly I must say. I miss the people, my classes, and the GLORIOUS SUN! But I know that I will enjoy the people, the classes, and maybe not as much sun here as well. I really miss my dog, my mom and dad, and my best friend Rory. I love you all, and take care; I hope that the Lord really works in your lives while I am gone and after I come back as well! Labas vakaras (good evening) ir labanakt (and goodnight!).