January 28, 2008

Pictures for you!

Dear loved ones,

Here is a link to my pictures: http://westmont.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2018203&l=487e4&id=65802025

My time in Lithuania has been truly amazing. I am enjoying the slower pace of life; being able to read my bible everyday, knitting, reading a good book, taking walks, and enjoying the company of others (whether they be American, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Russian, or Latvian). And tonight I cooked my favorite dish that my mom makes exquisitely: pastel de papas.

I also find myself wondering how I went from being a senior in highschool to a sophmore in college without even realizing it. More importantly, it suddenly hit me that I have changed so much since then; being so insecure as a freshman in college and then being frustrated at my school as a sophomore. When I go back to Westmont I want to lead others to being honest and vulnerable with each other! That is what life in a community is all about. I love the sense of community I have here in Klaipeda. My roommates and I having tea together every night and prepare meals together. At school, everyone gets a lunch break from 12-1:30 for the specific purpose that we will build community during that time. I only ever had time for lunch at Westmont one day a week because of my busy class schedule; yet here it is such a pleasure to have a mid-day relaxation with friends.

These are my most recent thoughts. I hope you too are stepping back to view how your life is changing and how you are growing each and every day. God bless you!

Steph